Saturday, January 19, 2013

A bit about me

Welcome to T&I!  I have created this blog to start a conversation about the translation and interpretation industry. Here you will find a variety of posts ranging from marketing tools for translators to the cognitive dimensions of  simultaneous interpretation.

Let me tell you a little bit about me: After having studied Economics in Prague, and while I was studying International Studies and Applied Languages in Quito, I translated documents and newsletters for several NGOs as part of my duties as an intern. It was without doubt the task I enjoyed the most during my internship. Since then, my curiosity about the world of translation and interpretation grew. I had many questions in my mind: Where could I go to study T&I? Who hires translators and interpreters? Will I be able to earn a living with this profession? Will it be possible to get an in-house position? Is freelancing for me?

I learned the answers to these questions the hard way during my years working as part-time translator/interpreter. In fact, now that I have decided to do this wonderful job on a full-time basis, new questions and challenges have arisen. This blog is an attempt to document those challenges, talk about them, and share tips and strategies to stand out in the industry.

Hope you will enjoy this blog!

Yolanda Isabel






No comments:

Post a Comment